1 tspsafforn strands.
1 tablespoon milk piece ginger.
6 flakes garlic.
2 medium-sized onion.
2 tblsps poppy-seeds.
1/4 dry coconut.
1 kg curd (beaten).
2 tsps each of garam masala, coriander powder and powdered cumin seed.
1 tsp turmeric powder.
salt and chili powder to taste.
100 grams almonds (blanched and ground).
200 grams ghee (melted).
50 grams mixed nut (sliced) silver or gold foil.
How to make Roast Leg of Mutton:
• Soak the saffron in a little hot milk for 5 minutes and then crush to a paste.
• Grind ginger, garlic, onions, poppy seeds and dry coconut to a paste.
• Mix into curd, along with the gararm masala, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, chilli powder and almonds.
• Make deep gashes all over the leg and rub the curd mixture into it.
• Set aside for a few hours.
• Place in a roasting pan and pour the ghee on top.
• Bake in a moderate oven for 3 hours or until the mutton is done.
• Remove on to a serving plate, sprinkle the saffron on top and garnish with sliced nuts.
• Top it all with silver or gold foil.
• Serve hot and enjoy spicy mutton leg roast.