- 255 gram/9 oz. of beef Steak (diced)
- 200 grams/7 oz. of spaghetti
- ½ beef Stock Cube (crumbled)
- ½ Red Onion (peeled & diced)
- 400 grams/14 oz. of Tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. of Fresh basil or Flatleaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (Lasan) (peeled & crushed)
- A dash of Hot Sauce
- 85 ml/3 fl oz. of Red Wine (optional)
- A dash of Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp. of Olive oil
How to make Spaghetti Balognese
1)Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Drop the spaghetti into the water and boil for 10-12 minutes.
2)Heat the oil in a medium pan. Add the steak and brown for 5-6 minutes.
3)Tip in the tomatoes and red wine (if using) and add the Worcestershire sauce (if using) and hot sauce. Crumble in the stock cube and stir well. Leave the bolognese to simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
4)Drain the spaghetti and divide between two plates. Spoon the bolognese onto the plates of spaghetti. Garnish with the fresh herbs and serve.
Note: Serving Size: 1, Preparation Time: Less than 30 minutes, Cooking Time: Less than 10 minutes